Ph.D. (IIT Delhi)
Ph.D. (IIT Delhi)
- Textile Chemical Processing
- Color Science and Communication
- Natural Fibers and their Modifications
- Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Sustainable Technologies in Textile Chemical Processing
- Technical Interventions in Handloom Sector
Books & Chapters :
- S. Mukhopadhyay, "Biiodegradable yarns" in a Book on Technical Yarns, Edited by: Dr Alagirusamy and Dr Apurba Das, Woodhead Publications, London
- S. Mukhopadhyay, “ANNs in Composites” in Soft Computing in Textile Engineering: Yarns, Fabrics, Garments and Technical Textile Applications’, edited by Dr Abhijit Mazumdar, Woodhead Publications, London
- S. Mukhopadhyay, “Bicomponent spinning” in Advances in filament and yarn spinning of polymers and textiles edited by Prof. Dong Zhang,P113, Woodhead Publications, London
- A Rawal and S. Mukhopadhyay, “Melt spinning of synthetic filaments”, Advances in filament and yarn spinning of polymers and textiles edited by Prof. Dong Zhang, P75, Woodhead Publications, London
- S. Mukhopadhyay, “Natural synthetic fibres for composite nonwovens”, in Composite Nonwoven Materials – Structure and Properties, edited by Dipayan Das and B.Pourdheyimini, P20, Woodhead Publications, London.
Books/ Monographs :
- S. Mukhopadhyay, G Ramakrishnan, Microfibers by Taylor and Francais, London and Textile Institute London, for Textile Progress. [http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00405160801942585]
- M Bhowmick, S. Mukhopadhyay and R Alagirusamy, “Mechanical properties of natural fibre reinforced composites” by Taylor and Francais, London and Textile Institute London, for Textile Progress [http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00405167.2012.676800#.U6lvU5Sk-uI]
Invited talks :
- S. Mukhopadhyay, “Visions for research”, PSG College, Coimbatore, India, 08 August, 2006
- Invited speaker on “Natural fibres” in Workshop on “Estruturas Têxteis e Estruturas Compósitas”, Portugal, 16 May 2007
- S. Mukhopadhyay, B Bhattacharya, Natural fibers as reinforcement in concrete, Second International Conference on Natural Polymers & Biomaterials, (ICNP – 2010), Kottayam, Kerala, 24-26 Sept., 2010
- S. Mukhopadhyay, Invited Lecture on “Composite Materials”, National symposium on Composite Materials, Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, at Nanded, 24 December, 2010.
- Keynote address on “Natural fibre reinforced composites”, 24 th National Convention on Textile Engineers on “Textile Industry : Contemporary issues to address in upcoming years” , Institution of Engineers (India), Bangalore, 19th August, 2011
- S. Mukhopadhyay, Textile composites in Building applications, International Conference on Sustainable habitat, 9th December 2011, IDSA auditorium, New Delhi.
International Conference Presentations :
- S. Mukhopadhyay, and B.L. Deopura, “Innovations in Fiber Science” presented jointly with Prof. Deopura in the India International Centre, New Delhi, organised by NITRA, Ghaziabad. (March, 2001)
- S. Mukhopadhyay , "Medical Textiles" presented at the Government Central Textile Institute, Kanpur at the AICTE Short Term Training Programme organised through Indian Society for Technical Education on Technological Developments in Textiles (Dec 2001)
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Alagirusamy and B.L. Deopura, "Gradient Drawing of filaments",Conference on Fibers and Fibrous structures, Charlotte, USA, (March 2004). [Presented by Prof. B L Deopura]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Alagirusamy and B.L. Deopura "Unipolymer composites",2nd Indo Czech Conference, India, (Nov 2003).
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Alagirusamy and B.L. Deopura, "Continuos production Polypropylene filaments with high thermal stability"International Conference HPTEX, Kumaraguru College, India (August 2004).
- B Dhurai, P. Subhas, S. Mukhopadhyay, Development of Needle Punched Nonwoven Fabric From Human Hair , International conference on Advances in Fibrous Materials, Nonwoven and Technical Textiles, 7-9 August 2006 [Presented by Ms. B Dhurai]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, V L Venkatesh Babu and Prem Kumar, Jute Nonwovens in concrete curing application, International Conference On Technical Textiles, (IIT Delhi November 11-12, 2006)
- S. Mukhopadhyay , J. Srinivasan, R. Srikanta, V. Ashok, International Conference on Natural Fibers, Effect of ageing on properties of sisal – polyolefin composites, (December 08th 2006, IIT Delhi) [Presented by Mr. R Srikanta]
- S. Mukhopadhyay , R. Srikanta, V.Ashok, Scharer Schweiter Mettler AG, (India) Studies on Properties of Sisal-polyolefin Composites (3 rd to 6 th July 2007,11 th European Meeting on Fire Retardant Polymers, Bolton, Manchester, UK)
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R Fangueiro & V.S.Shivankar, “Studies on mechanical propertie of Banana Fiber”.International Conference on Natural Polymers, Kottayam, Kerala India, Nov 19-21 2007.
- S. Mukhopadhyay , Natural fibres in concrete reinforcement – expanding vistas, APA: International Conference on Polymers: Visions and Innovations, APA 2014, February 19-21, 2014, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- B Adak and S. Mukhopadhyay, Preparation of all cellulose composite laminates from jute fabric by partial dissolution of cellulose surface in ionic liquid, IIT Delhi, ICTN 2014.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, APA 2013 International Conference on Polymers on the Frontiers of Science and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India, Title: Morphology and electrical conductivity studies on Graphene based Thermoplastic Polyurethane nanofibrous mats. Feb 21-23, 2013.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, International symposium on polymer science and Technology, at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Kolkata, India. Electroactive Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) thin films : Synthesis and characterization of Ag-doped reduced graphene oxide based thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites. MACRO-2015, 23-26 January, 2015.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, Plastindia 2015 - the 9th International Plastics Exhibition and Conference on at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India, Thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites based on carbon nanotubes, graphene and silver nanoparticles embedded grapheme. February 5th - 10th, 2015.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, Amitava Bhattacharyya India International Science Festival, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India, "Modified graphene and nanographite based nanocomposite coatings for stealth applications", DEC. -8 2015.
- S. Mukhopadhyay and B Adak, “Advances in Single Polymer Composites”, Textile Academia Conference, 18th February, 2016, IIT Delhi.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi , Asian Workshop on Polymer Processing (AWPP-2016), Nov. 6-9 2016 in Melbourne, Vic Australia. Poster Presentation on “Graphene Based Polyurethane Nanocomposites: A Novel Material For EMI Shielding Coatings".
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi Plastindia 2015 - the 9th International Plastics Exhibition and Conference on February 5th-10th at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. Title of the poster: Thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites based on carbon nanotubes, graphene and silver nanoparticles embedded graphene.
- Taruna Bansala, S. Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, Textile Academia Conference on 15th-18th February 2016, IIT Delhi, India, titled "Electromagnetic shielding behavior of graphene structures in Ku band region".
Journal Publications :
- S. Mukhopadhyay, B.L. Deopura, and R. Alagirusamy, Effect of drawing different MFI polypropylene filaments on a gradient heater, AUTEX Research Journal, Vol. 6, No 3, 138-141, September 2006, http://www.autexrj.org/No3-2006/0182.pdf
- S. Mukhopadhyay, B.L. Deopura and R. Alagirusamy, “Studies on production of Polypropylene filaments with increased temperature stability” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Wiley Interscience, London, Vol. 101, 838–842 
- S. Mukhopadhyay, B.L. Deopura and R. Alagirusamy, “Drawing of Polypropylene filaments on a gradient heater”, accepted in Journal of Textile Institute, Woodhead Publications, London, Vol 96, No.5, 349-354 
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Alagirusamy, and B.L. Deopura “Interphase behaviour of PP composites” Journal of Thermoplastic Composites, Sage Publications, London Vol. 16, P 479 [November 2003]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, B.L. Deopura and R. Alagirusamy, Production and Properties of High-modulus–High-tenacity Polypropylene Filaments, Journal of Industrial Textiles, Sage Publications, London, Vol. 33, No. 4, [April 2004]
- Saktivel C and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Some studies on Mudar Fibers spinning" Journal of Industrial Textiles, Sage Publications, London. Vol. 35, No. 1, 63-76 [July 2005]
- S. Mukhopadhyay and Saktivel C, "Advances in research on Spider Silk" Journal of Industrial Textiles, Sage Publications, London. Vol 35, No.2, 91 [Oct 2005]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, “Microfibers - An Overfiew", Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, Vol 21, [September 2002]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, Prem Kumar and D L Venkatesh Babu “Role of Fabric Structure on Moisture Retention and its effect on Concrete Strength” Journal of Industrial Textiles, London . Journal of Industrial Textiles, Vol. 36, No. 1, 59-72  http://jit.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/36/1/59
- G.Ramakrishnan, J.Srinivasan, and S. Mukhopadhyay, “A study on fabrics from polyester micro denier fibre” Journal of Textile Institute, London , Vol. 98 No. 1, 31-35. [January 2007]
- S. Mukhopadhyay and Srikanta R, " Effect of ageing on properties of sisal – polyolefin composites” in Polymer Degradation and Stability, Elsevier Polymer Degradation and Stability,Volume 93, Issue 11, November 2008, Pages 2048-20
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R Fangeuiro and V. Shivankar, “Variability of Tensile Properties of Banana Fibers”, Textile Research Journal, 2009;79 387-393, SAGE London .
- G.Ramakrishnan, and S. Mukhopadhyay, ‘An investigation into the properties of knitted fabrics made from viscose microfibers’ Volume 6, Issue 1, Spring 2009. 1, JTATM , USA .
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R Fangeuiro, Physical modification of natural fibres and thermoplastic films for composites, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, Vol. 22, No. 2, 135-162 (2009) DOI: 10.1177/0892705708091860.
- Abhijit Majumdar, S. Mukhopadhyay and Ravindra Yadav, Thermal properties of knitted fabrics made from cotton and regenerated bamboo cellulosic fibres, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Volume 49, Issue 10, October 2010, Pages 2042-2048, [DOI information: 10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2010.05.017]
- S. Mukhopadhyay, R Fangueiro, Yusuf A and Ulku S, Banana Fibers – Variability and Fracture Behaviour, Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, Volume 3, Issue 2—200
- Abhijit Majumdar, S. Mukhopadhyay, Ravindra Yadav & Achintya Kumar Mondal, Properties of ring spun yarns made from cotton and regenerated bamboo cellulosic fibres, Indian Journal of Fiber and Textile Research, [accepted for publication].
- S. Mukhopadhyay, D Annamalai, R Srikanta, Use of coir fibres for heat insulation, Journal of Natural Fibres, Journal of Natural Fibers,Volume 8, Issue 1, 2011 Taylor and Francais, London.
- Rajib Pal, S. Mukhopadhyay, D Das, Optimisation of micro injection moulding process with respect to tensile properties of polypropylene”, IJFTR, Vol 37, Mar 2012, pp11-15
- S. Mukhopadhyay; Narula, R Pal, V; Mayank, M, A study of interface behavior in sisal fibre composites – Single fibre pull out test,IJFTR Vol.38(1)2013, 87-91
- Bansala, T., Joshi, M., Mukhopadhyay, S. Electrically conducting graphene-based polyurethane nanocomposites for microwave shielding applications in the Ku band, J Mater Sci (2016). doi:10.1007/s10853-016-0449-8, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10853-016-0449-8
- Taruna Bansala, Samrat Mukhopadhyay, Mangala Joshi, Synthesis and shielding properties of PVP-stabilized-AgNPs-based graphene nanohybrid in the Ku band, Synthetic Metals,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.synthmet.2016.07.034, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0379677916302685
- Adak, B., & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2016). Effect of the dissolution time on the structure and properties of lyocell-fabric-based all-cellulose composite laminates. *Journal of Applied Polymer Science*, *133*(19). http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/app.43398/full
- Adak, B., & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2016). Effect of pressure on structure and properties of lyocell fabric-based all-cellulose composite laminates. The Journal of The Textile Institute*, 1-8., http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00405000.2016.1209827
- Adak, B., & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2016). Jute based all-clellulose composite laminates. Indian Journal of Fiber and Textile Resaerch,41(4). http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/39050/1/IJFTR%2041%284%29%20380-384.pdf
- Adak, B., & Mukhopadhyay, S. A comparative study on Lyocell-fabric based All cellulose Composite Laminates produced by Different Techniques, Cellulose (2016). doi:10.1007/s10570-016-1149-x, https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s10570-016-1149-x.pdf