Textile Chemical Processing, Functional Finishing, Microencapsulation
Supervisor: Prof. Javed N. Sheikh
Topic: Multifunctional finishing of cellulosic textile using microencapsulation of essential oils
Maharshi Dayanand University- Rohtak (India)
- Combined antimicrobial and fragrance finishing on cotton-based home textile
- To study the effect of fibre, yarn count and fabric structure on comfort properties of knit structures
Research Industrial Intern at Alok Industries limited, Vapi (India)
- To determine the productivity through time and motion study and to increase the efficiency
Eitex, Bahir Dar University (Ethiopia)
- Fragrance finishing on Ethiopian traditional clothing using indigenous lemongrass
- Design and development of e-procurement website
Industrial Linkage Project
- Developed textile and apparel sector vocational training modules for Wazir Advisors (P) Ltd, Gurugram, India
- Participated in a 3-day workshop about textile & garments, instructed by industry leaders, Sep 2012
- Participated in a 3-day workshop about fibre to fashion, instructed by industry leaders and IIT Delhi Professors, Dec 2013
- Presented paper on Importance of ERP system for the garment industry in a workshop held in TIT&S Bhiwani, Jan 2014
TIT&S Bhiwani, Committee Member
- Event organization committee member
- NSS (National Service Scheme) committee member
Kartik Sourcing Pvt. Ltd, Gurugram (India)
- Fabric sourcing and e-commerce department (Merchandiser) April 2014 to August 2015
EiTEX, Bahir Dar University (Ethiopia)
- Apparel production department (Lecturer) Sep 2015 to Jan 2018
Indian Institute of Technology- Delhi (India)
- Textile chemical processing (TA) July 2018 to Dec 2019
SKILLS AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Office, EndNote, SPSS, MatLab, Origin, ChemDraw, Mendeley and Analytical Tools.
- Language: Fluent in English and Hindi
- Microencapsulation Technology
- Textile Functional Finishing
- Textile Chemistry
- Product Development, Production Planning and Control
- E-Commerce and E-Sourcing (E-procurement)
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award/Appreciation 2020
- Development of Sustainable Mosquito Repellent Cum Multifunctional Textile using Microencapsulation of Essential oils
- Multifunctional microcapsules for textile finishing and preparation method thereof, Indian Patent Application No. 202011016859.
- Tambi, S., Mangal, A., Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2020). Cleaner Production of Dyed and Functional Polyester using Natural dyes vis-a-vis exploration of secondary shades. Progress in Color, Colorants and Coatings.
- Bhushan, S., Kumar, A., Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2019). Functionalization of wool fabric using lignin biomolecules extracted from groundnut shells. International journal of biological macromolecules.
- Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2019, August). 4a4_0336_ Microencapsulation of DEET & Citriodiol oil by utilizing Functional Biopolymers: A Sustainable approach for Multifunctional Textiles. In Proceedings of the 19th World Textile Conference-Autex 2019 (pp. 1-1).
- Singh, G., Mathur, P., Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2019). Functionalization of wool fabric using kapok flower and bio-mordant. Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy, 14, 100184.
- Saini, S., Gupta, A., Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2019). Functionalization of Linen Fabric using Layer by Layer treatment with chitosan and green tea extract. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry.
- Sheikh, J., Singh, N., & Pinjari, D. (2019). Sustainable Functional Coloration of Linen Fabric Using Kigelia Africana Flower Colorant. Journal of Natural Fibers, 1-10.
- Yadav, M., Singh, N., Kaur, A., & Sahu, O. (2019). Antibacterial activity assessment of woolen fabric treated with natural dyes and chitosan. Agriculture and Natural Resources, 53(2), 188-196.
- Sheikh, J., Singh, N., & Srivastava, M. (2019). Functional Dyeing of Cellulose-based (Linen) Fabric Using Bombax Ceiba (Kapok) Flower Extract. Fibers and Polymers, 20(2), 312-319.
- Singh, N., Yadav, M., Khanna, S., & Sahu, O. (2017). Sustainable fragrance cum antimicrobial finishing on cotton: Indigenous essential oil. Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy, 5, 22-29.
- Alubel M, Yadav M, Singh N. (2017). Anthropometric Size Chart for Ethiopian Girls for Better Garment Design. J Fashion Technol Textile Eng, 5:2.
- Singh N. (2017). Design and Development of E-Procurement Website for Ethiopia in ICTA-2017 6th International Conference Proceedings, EiTEX, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia, and ISBN: 978999449306.
- Singh N. (2017). Indigenous Lemon Grass Fragrance Finishing on Ethiopian Traditional Clothing in ICTA-2017 6th International Conference Proceedings, EiTEX, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia, and ISBN: 978999449306.
- Singh, N., Yadav, M., & Sahu, O. (2016). Consumer acceptance of apparel e-commerce–Ethiopia. Intellectual Economics, 10(1), 55-62.
- Singh, N., & Sahu, O. (2016). Geosynthetic Textile for Environmental Concern: Application for Pollution Removal. Journal of Water Resources and Environment Engineering, 2(1).
- Singh N. (2016). Effective Fashion E-Commerce in Ethiopia- Innovative Strategies in ICTA-2016 5th International Conference Proceedings, EiTEX, Bahirdar University, Ethiopia, ISBN: 978999449306.
- Singh N. (2013). M.I.S. & E.R.P. for Garment Industry in ICAICTE Conference Proceedings, Bhiwani, ISBN: 978-93-5137-638-5(print version) ISBN:978-93-5137-898-3(pdf version).
- Singh N. (2013). Flexible Garment manufacturing by using Robotic Technology in ICAICTE Conference Proceedings, Bhiwani, ISBN: 978-93-5137-638-5(print version) ISBN:978-93-5137-898-3(pdf version).
- Singh, N., & Sheikh, J. (2020). Self-Cleaning Textiles Based on Superhydrophobic Nanocoatings. Nanotechnology in Textiles: Advances and Developments in Polymer Nanocomposites.
- Singh, N. (2019). Water Saving Technologies for Textile Chemical Processing. Advanced Functional Textiles and Polymers: Fabrication, Processing and Applications, 153.
- Singh, N., & Sahu, O. (2019). Sustainable cyclodextrin in textile applications. The Impact and Prospects of Green Chemistry for Textile Technology (pp. 83-105). Woodhead Publishing.
- Sahu, O., & Singh, N. (2019). Significance of bioadsorption process on textile industry wastewater. The Impact and Prospects of Green Chemistry for Textile Technology (pp. 367-416). Woodhead Publishing.
- Presented “Mosquito Repellent Textiles using Microencapsulation of Essential Oil into Functional Polymers” 2nd International Conference (ICETT 2019), Emerging trends in traditional and technical textiles, 1st to 3rd Nov 2019, NIT Jalandhar, India.
- Presented “Emerging Nano and Advanced Materials”. Industrial day (2019), IIT Delhi, India.
- Presented “Microencapsulation of DEET & Citriodiol oil by utilizing Functional Biopolymers: A Sustainable approach for Multifunctional Textiles”. 19th World Textile Conference-Autex 2019, Ghent, Belgium.
- Presented “Biodegradable Polymeric-based Microencapsulate for Value-Added Multifunctional Finishing of Linen”, ICTN-2018, 6th International Conference on Technical Textiles and Nonwovens, 6-8th December 2018, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- Presented “Development of Mosquito Repellent, Antibacterial and Fragrant Cotton Fabric using Functional Microcapsules containing DEET and Citriodiol”, ICTN-2018, 6th International Conference on Technical Textiles and Nonwovens, 6-8th December 2018, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- Presented “Development of Multifunctional Linen using Biodegradable Polymeric Microcapsules” Textile summit-2018, Textile association of India-Delhi. (2nd Prize).
- Presented “Design and Development of E-Procurement Website for Ethiopia” ICTA-2017 6th International Conference, EiTEX, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia.
- Presented “Indigenous Lemon Grass Fragrance Finishing on Ethiopian Traditional Clothing” ICTA-2017 6th International Conference, EiTEX, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia.
- Presented “Effective Fashion E-Commerce in Ethiopia- Innovative Strategies” ICTA-2016 5th International Conference Proceedings, EiTEX, Bahirdar University, Ethiopia.
- Presented “Eco-Friendly dye & mordant for natural woollen product” ICAST-CFE-2016, 4th International Conference, Bahirdar University, Ethiopia.
- Presented “M.I.S. & E.R.P. for Garment Industry” ICAICTE-2013 Conference, Bhiwani, India.
- Presented “Flexible Garment manufacturing by using Robotic Technology” ICAICTE-2013 Conference, Bhiwani, India.
Communicated research and review papers
- Carbohydrate and protein-based microcapsules loaded with cinnamon oil: A practical approach for the development of multifunctional textile.
- Sustainable development of mosquito-repellent, flame-retardant, antibacterial, fragrant and antioxidant linen using microcapsules containing thymus Vulgaris oil in in-situ generated chitosan-phosphate.
- Novel chitosan-gelatin microcapsules containing rosemary essential oil for the preparation of bioactive and protective linen.
- Durable multifunctional finishing on fabric using β-cyclodextrin/grafted chitosan with lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) oil.
- Acoustic cavitation assisted green approach for In-situ synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles for Multi-functionalization of Linen fabric.
- Microencapsulation and its application in the production of functional textiles.
- Application of enzymes for sustainable textile chemical processing.
- Antiviral Textiles: An emerging paradigm in protection against the virus